PrisonRules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost: Via Domus Review

3 posters

Go down

Lost: Via Domus Review Empty Lost: Via Domus Review

Post by Uchiha Miek Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 9:31

If anyone here has been following the tangled plot of Lost, please forget everything you knew and loved about it now, before this game takes it away from you. I watched Lost up to series 3, have yet to see season 4 but will do at some point, and played went into Via Domus not expecting alot. And thats exactly what I got.

You play as Elliot, one of the survivors from 815 and now stranded on the mysterious island, witha terrible case of amnesia. This is probably the closest it will feel to the TV show, in the fact you are as clueless as the characters. Elliots story unfolds over the short period of the game, and while it didn't have me fully gripped to the edge of insanity, it did bemuse me enough to want to finish the game. As Elliot, you are able to interact with the other Lost characters, picking their brain for info or trading random luggage or items you find for more more usefull items. However you wont feel the need to use the trading system unless required to really,as there are no real threats in the game apart from the smoke monster and some random man in the trees shooting at you (they must have missed that out in the show...). Technically the game doesn't really impress. The visuals arn't breath taking, average at best, And the voicing in the game is a huge let down, with each of the shows trademark voices being replaced with dull 2D tones rather than the real deal. None of them are up to scratch and it really takes away from the experiance.

The short 6 or so hours it took me to complete the game (in one sitting) never really had me on the edge of my seat. Theres next to no action in the game what-so-ever, fuse box puzzles give your brain a small rattle but fail to be fun, and venturing through caves (which you do twice) is basically the same as the jungle but with the threat of your light going out and being killed my some unseen horror. You get to buy a gun in the game but you only get to use it twice, and while I wasn't expecting a full guns blazing section, surely there should have been some form of combat in the game. Venturing into the jungle feels like a chore as it is so hard to navigate through, leaving no room for adventure. Stumble off the path and you get a screen telling you to go the right way or no way at all. Well done Ubisoft, exploring the jungle to look for the islands secrets could have been an enjoyable factor, but you took it out.

That pretty much sums up Lost: Via Domus, most of your time spent playing will feel like watching an episode of Lost... just with all the good parts taken away. While most of the major plot points are mentioned, Via Domus doesn't do a good job in letting you take part. If you're looking for a game that follows the Lost plot strictly and lets you relive some of the best moments of the show, look elsewhere. The games dull gameplay and terrible voice acting will probably make you appreciate the show more, and hate Ubisoft for wasting a huge oppurtunity.

Last edited by Uchiha Miek on Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 12:08; edited 1 time in total
Uchiha Miek
Uchiha Miek
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Lost: Via Domus Review Empty Re: Lost: Via Domus Review

Post by Broken_Pixel Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 18:34

It was a good review. But it could have been longer and more and more detail. It also felt a little hard to read as it was all one bit clutter. If you space out the paragraphs it will look nicer. But keep at it and improve Smile
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkChaotix Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 12:06

Huge wall of text is huge and heard to read.

But yeah, I heard it's an easy 1000. Surely you'd give it an awesome review just because of that Wink
DarkChaotix
DarkChaotix
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Uchiha Miek Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 12:08

Better?
Oh and I AM NOT A WHORE! D:
Uchiha Miek
Uchiha Miek
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkChaotix Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 12:34

Uchiha Miek wrote:Better?
Oh and I AM NOT A WHORE! D:

Much better now, can actually read it without my eyes dying.

Oh, and blatant lies and slander Wink
DarkChaotix
DarkChaotix
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down