PrisonRules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LittleBigPlanet Discussion Thread

+16
Plex
Roosetifer
Broken_Pixel
Hobohodo
D_C
mattlawson15
Squiddy
AlexCous
LittleBigMan772
Firryn
red lobster51
Toxicity
FlibbityFliAwesome
Senor Lizardo
OcelotDan
Shortay
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

LittleBigPlanet Discussion Thread Empty LittleBigPlanet Discussion Thread

Post by Shortay Wed 3 Sep 2008 - 23:48

This thread is for discussing Media Molecule's upcoming PS3 exclusive LittleBigPlanet, due for release in Europe on 29th October 2008.

LittleBigPlanet Discussion Thread Littlebigplanet-feb25

So, are you majorly hyped for the game or not interested? Buying it on launch or waiting until some reviews surface online?

Personally I'm really excited about the original concept and the freedom that the level designing will offer. I'm definitely buying it straight away - even the 2D platforming looks great.

Last edited by Shortay on Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 0:39; edited 1 time in total
Shortay
Shortay
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

LittleBigPlanet Discussion Thread Empty Re: LittleBigPlanet Discussion Thread

Post by OcelotDan Wed 3 Sep 2008 - 23:49

I WAS extremely hyped about LittleBigPlanet, it was my most eagerly anticipated games of 2008. Now though, i can see that it could get boring, quick.

May not even buy it now :G
OcelotDan
OcelotDan
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Lizardo Wed 3 Sep 2008 - 23:50

I'm really looking forward to mucking about in multiplayer, but I saw some gameplay on Playr the other day from the single player side and it looks a little boring...

I might be judging things too soon anyway, I guess it was always intended as more of a creation tool for friends.
Senor Lizardo
Senor Lizardo

Location : Montgomery. Apparently there's some sort of mini-mall here...

Back to top Go down

Post by Shortay Wed 3 Sep 2008 - 23:52

I too worried about it getting a little dull (especially if decent levels take too long to create), but I'll be spending lots of time playing on the built-in stages as well which should be a nice distraction from the creation aspect of the game.
Shortay
Shortay
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by FlibbityFliAwesome Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 0:08

I'll definitely play this when it comes out, my brother has a PS3, it looks interesting. and Multiplayer looks fun to.
FlibbityFliAwesome
FlibbityFliAwesome
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxicity Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 0:38

This is loooooking goooooooood.

:3
Toxicity
Toxicity
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by red lobster51 Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 1:04

Looks amazing. Wish I owned a PlayStation 3. Everything I read about the game has me spewing at the mouth at the possibilties, the design and innovation in the game.

I also wish to buy a Sackboy plushie.
red lobster51
red lobster51
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Firryn Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 1:08

red lobster51 wrote:Looks amazing. Wish I owned a PlayStation 3. Everything I read about the game has me spewing at the mouth at the possibilties, the design and innovation in the game.

Clicky this.

I also remember them saying they were considering sellnig them some time. Hell, I'd buy one.
Firryn
Firryn
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by red lobster51 Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 1:16

Firryn wrote:
red lobster51 wrote:Looks amazing. Wish I owned a PlayStation 3. Everything I read about the game has me spewing at the mouth at the possibilties, the design and innovation in the game.

Clicky this.

I also remember them saying they were considering sellnig them some time. Hell, I'd buy one.

I would pay horrible amounts of money to get hold of that.

It's beautiful.
red lobster51
red lobster51
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleBigMan772 Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 9:34

I really can't wait for this game. They fact that what you can do is endless and will keep me going for months.
LittleBigMan772
LittleBigMan772
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexCous Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 16:11

This game is the main reason that tempted me towards the PS3... I see very little that doesn't appeal to me in this game.

AlexCous
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiddy Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 18:29

See, I would love to buy it at launch staight away, but I won't have time/motivation to create levels... so y'all better make them for me. Mad
Squiddy
Squiddy
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Firryn Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 18:38

red lobster51 wrote:
Firryn wrote:

Clicky this.

I would pay horrible amounts of money to get hold of that.

It's beautiful.

CLICK ME I'M AWESOME
Firryn
Firryn
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexCous Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 18:42

LittleBigPlanet Discussion Thread Littlebigplanet_billboard
Billboard in the USA.

AlexCous
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by mattlawson15 Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 19:09

I can't wait for this game. It's going to be so fun just messing about making levels with friends.
I really hope they make a special edition with a sackboy plushie, I'm not pre-ordering yet just to wait and see if they will.
mattlawson15
mattlawson15
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 19:18

This is one of the games making me want a PS3. I can live without until the PS3 comes down more.
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiddy Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 19:19

D_C wrote:This is one of the games making me want a PS3. I can live without until the PS3 comes down more.

£249.99 for the 40GB in most places after word of it starting to discontinue...
It's a good deal, but I don't blame ya for waiting for it to go even cheaper.
Squiddy
Squiddy
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 19:24

Squiddy wrote:
D_C wrote:This is one of the games making me want a PS3. I can live without until the PS3 comes down more.

£249.99 for the 40GB in most places after word of it starting to discontinue...
It's a good deal, but I don't blame ya for waiting for it to go even cheaper.

Yeah, plus by then it will have many more exclusives to play on. I'm just happy that online for the PS3 is free, cause I'm not paying for online for 2 seperate consoles Shocked
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Lizardo Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 23:36

I'll get this going as a sticky when the release gets nearer, as it's the 'big' PS3 game to look forward to right now.

That's if this place gets a little busier...
Senor Lizardo
Senor Lizardo

Location : Montgomery. Apparently there's some sort of mini-mall here...

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobohodo Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 23:46

I'm torn between this, motorstorm and PoP or GH4... =(
Hobohodo
Hobohodo
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken_Pixel Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 12:03

I seriously can't wait for this. It WILL be game of the year. The way is it shaping up is incredable, and has the potential to be one of the greatest games ever. The versatility of what you can do is just immense. And the fact you can land a job a Media Molicule if you create lots of outstanding levels is just an insentive to challange your createive limits. God this will be good!
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Roosetifer Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 12:35

Someone care to give a general description of the game, i get that its about making levels and stuff, but surely its got more depth, someone care to describe it.
Roosetifer
Roosetifer
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken_Pixel Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 12:45

Roosetifer wrote:Someone care to give a general description of the game, i get that its about making levels and stuff, but surely its got more depth, someone care to describe it.

It is quite hard to describe it, so I'll let Wikipedia do the talking.

In LittleBigPlanet, players control small characters (nicknamed either "Sackboy" or "Sackgirl", owing to their material and appearance), each of which can jump, move, and grab objects. Players can use their abilities to shape and develop the highly manipulatable environment to build custom spaces either individually, collaboratively, and/or competitively. Levels focus on co-operative, physics-based gameplay, and players can use mechanisms such as cogs and blocks to build anything from small level parts to large, complex worlds. The game will also allow opportunities for players to acquire new skills and tools.

A major focus of LittleBigPlanet will be on the global community features through the PlayStation Network for players to interact and share their "patches" - levels and other modifications - as well as online play.

Players can navigate their way through the world by jumping, pushing, grabbing, running to overcome numerous puzzles provided by the game's robust physics engine. Players will also face physics-based enemies ranging from the small such as burning logs, to big "bosses" built around one of six AI "brains" available in the player's toolset. In addition, harmful objects can be placed in the game, such as pits of fire and being "squished" or flattened by an object that cause the player to restart that section of the level; players pop and roll out of restart points nearby.

A scoring system is also in place, in the form of a time trial with a start and end gate and players collecting world items such as sponge. Scoring is based on both time and execution of the level.
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Roosetifer Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 12:48

Broken_Pixel wrote:
Roosetifer wrote:Someone care to give a general description of the game, i get that its about making levels and stuff, but surely its got more depth, someone care to describe it.

In LittleBigPlanet, players control small characters (nicknamed either "Sackboy" or "Sackgirl", owing to their material and appearance), each of which can jump, move, and grab objects. Players can use their abilities to shape and develop the highly manipulatable environment to build custom spaces either individually, collaboratively, and/or competitively. Levels focus on co-operative, physics-based gameplay, and players can use mechanisms such as cogs and blocks to build anything from small level parts to large, complex worlds. The game will also allow opportunities for players to acquire new skills and tools.

A major focus of LittleBigPlanet will be on the global community features through the PlayStation Network for players to interact and share their "patches" - levels and other modifications - as well as online play.

Players can navigate their way through the world by jumping, pushing, grabbing, running to overcome numerous puzzles provided by the game's robust physics engine. Players will also face physics-based enemies ranging from the small such as burning logs, to big "bosses" built around one of six AI "brains" available in the player's toolset. In addition, harmful objects can be placed in the game, such as pits of fire and being "squished" or flattened by an object that cause the player to restart that section of the level; players pop and roll out of restart points nearby.

A scoring system is also in place, in the form of a time trial with a start and end gate and players collecting world items such as sponge. Scoring is based on both time and execution of the level.

Thanks very much, i think ill be getting it, hopefully though you'll be able to create really hard levels would be nice to see if people could figure out what to do.
Roosetifer
Roosetifer
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken_Pixel Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 13:04

Roosetifer wrote:
Broken_Pixel wrote:

Thanks very much, i think ill be getting it, hopefully though you'll be able to create really hard levels would be nice to see if people could figure out what to do.

Yeah, and if you create amazing levels, you could get at job a Media Molicule Smile
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next