PrisonRules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ratchet & Clank

+5
SharpShooter88
LightSamus
Shortay
Boondoogle
Firryn
9 posters

Go down

Ratchet & Clank Empty Ratchet & Clank

Post by Firryn Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 1:03

Ratchet & Clank Ratchet_and_clank_future_002

A thread fer one of my favourite franchises of all time.

The PS2 original was first released in 2002; Insomniac's first title since their awesome Spyro games. They were originally working on a PS2 launch title but cancelled it in favour of something they felt more inspired to do. It started with Clank, a little robot who unwittingly came across some secret info and became on the run. He met ratchet on Veldin, a planet he crash-landed on in his escape, and together they set off to defeat Drek [the boss of the first game]. There were three PS2 sequels, creatively titled Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal and Ratchet: Deadlocked. The games are 3D third person action/adventure/shooters, and there's a PSP game called Size Matters and a manga was featured in the CoroCoro comic in Japan. The "non-spinoff" titles have all recieved average review scores in the high 80s and 90s out of 100.

There've also been a fair few cameo roles in other games:

Jak II
o Ratchet and Clank appear on some of the walls in Haven City.
Jak 3
o Ratchet and Clank appear as targets in a secret gun course.
Ape Escape 3
o In the Japanese and European versions of the game if the password "RATCH" or "ginganoraihousha" (depending on the version) is typed in, a monkey dressed up as Ratchet called "Ape Ratchet" will appear in the TV Space Station level in the secret room.
Hot Shots Golf Fore!
o Ratchet and Clank appear as additional characters.
Jak X: Combat Racing
o Ratchet appears as a secret racer. Clank is available as an antenna the player can add to cars when customizing them.
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
o Ratchet and Clank appear on a poster on one of the walls.
Daxter
o Ratchet and Clank masks can be worn throughout the game once found.
Everybody's Golf
o Ratchet appear as a golfer, and Clank appears as a caddy.
Resistance: Fall of Man
o Clank, along with Ratchet's Omniwrench and Gravity boots, appear as unlockable bangles for soldiers to use in online multiplayer.
o "Going Commando" is the name of a medal received after a player has scored 100 node or flag recaptures.
o "Up Your Arsenal" is the name of a medal received after a player has 100 kills with each weapon in online multiplayer.
o A Clank backpack is awarded for achieving the required number of skill points.

There's also a PSN game, Quest for Booty, available for download at £9.99. It's about 3-4 hours long and runs on the same engine as Tools of Destruction. It ends on with "The quest continues in Fall 2009", so expect the next installment then.
Firryn
Firryn
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Ratchet & Clank Empty Re: Ratchet & Clank

Post by Boondoogle Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 1:05

Just completed Tools of Destruction the other day, amazing game. Fell in love with the series when the first came out, and it was the reason I bought a PS2.

Funnily enough ToD was the main reason I got a PS3. n__n
Boondoogle
Boondoogle
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Shortay Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 1:06

Absolutely loved Tools of Destruction from start to finish, and now I can't wait for Quest for Booty when it's released on Blu Ray <3

In the near future I really have to play the earlier games in the series, although I have recently purchased Size Matters on the PSP ;D
Shortay
Shortay
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by LightSamus Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 1:52

I love the R&C series. I've owned all of the main series since the first game. I actually only got the first one by chance so I'm quite lucky!
LightSamus
LightSamus
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Firryn Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 11:02

LightSamus wrote:I love the R&C series. I've owned all of the main series since the first game. I actually only got the first one by chance so I'm quite lucky!

I saw a friend play it 'n' brought it the next day.

Tbh I don't think these games get the attention they deserve, just because they're not multiplayer. I hope the next one's online just to change that (that, and the third game's multiplayer was pretty kickass).
Firryn
Firryn
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LightSamus Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 12:13

I didn't like R&C 3's multiplayer that much. It was okay but it lacked something. And getting people to play it with you is hard too.
LightSamus
LightSamus
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by SharpShooter88 Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 16:35

I'm playing through Ratchet and Clank 2 now.....excellent stuff Very Happy

SharpShooter88
Pistol Whipper

http://www.dailyjoypad.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LightSamus Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 17:11

SharpShooter88 wrote:I'm playing through Ratchet and Clank 2 now.....excellent stuff Very Happy
2 is awesome but 3 is better. I just love it how when it's over, it's not over yet! If you know what I mean. Extras are always ftw!
LightSamus
LightSamus
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken_Pixel Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 12:18

Ratchet and Clank is one of my favourite francises. Tools of Destruction is probably my favourite in the series, it look just like a Pixar film. I'm waiting for the Blu Ray release of Quest of Booty, as I can't spare any more memory on the download. But to be honest, I prefer Jak and Daxter.
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Roosetifer Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 12:32

I was going to get it for the PS3 but i was bit put of by the Demo, i really wasnt impressed by it.
Roosetifer
Roosetifer
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Firryn Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 12:35

Roosetifer wrote:I was going to get it for the PS3 but i was bit put of by the Demo, i really wasnt impressed by it.

D/w I thought the demo really didn't do it justice; it felt pretty mediocre tbh. The actual game is seriously awesome.
Firryn
Firryn
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken_Pixel Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 12:41

Firryn wrote:
Roosetifer wrote:I was going to get it for the PS3 but i was bit put of by the Demo, i really wasnt impressed by it.

D/w I thought the demo really didn't do it justice; it felt pretty mediocre tbh. The actual game is seriously awesome.

This, when you get in to it, it is amazing.
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Plex Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 0:15

I was quite far through Ratchet & Clank: Tools Of Destruction, but then the save data goes and corrupts on me. .-.

I should probably start trying to finish it again, especially as I'll be picking up Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty on Friday. >_<

The only Ratchet & Clank game I've played is Tools Of Destruction, but it's absolutely amazing. The massive levels, the gorgeous scenery, the awesome characters, the inventive weapons, the hilarious humour... I adore it.

Plex
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Uchiha Miek Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 9:45

Ratchet and Clank is pr0. Its probably the main reason I would buy a PS3 for. I loved the first trilogy on PS2, and ToD looks amazing Sad
Best Platforming series around, IMO, much better than Mario. ¬_¬
Uchiha Miek
Uchiha Miek
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down