PrisonRules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect + DLC

+13
Paratrooper
red lobster51
Happy Lou
Uchiha Miek
Broken_Pixel
Adamzzz
Lawman_05
saunderscowie
GeordieSquires
Iarwain
TaoFire
D_C
T2 Hodgie
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mass Effect + DLC Empty Mass Effect + DLC

Post by T2 Hodgie Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 1:57

Microsoft have an offer on atm where some DLC is now reduced. Mass Effect Bring Down the Sky from 400 to 300 gave me a little incentive to download it. I'll leave background download on overnight as to play the 90+ minute mission tomorrow but what are your thoughts on it/the game in general.

Mass Effect thread then? Well... erm, yeah. ;D
T2 Hodgie
T2 Hodgie
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect + DLC Empty Re: Mass Effect + DLC

Post by D_C Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 2:16

It was mediocre to me. I think that might have something to do with having a month of so gap before starting and completing it.

The texture loads always annoyed me too.

I'll go through it all again and maybe it'll be more fun now I'm a higher level.
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by TaoFire Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 3:00

By far one of the greatest games on 360.

Graphically, its almost flawless.

The system is almost perfect, the only complaint is the skill menu freezing the game is a tad 'stunted' so to speak.

The story is good, and im a huge fan.. yet to dload the content though.
TaoFire
TaoFire
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Iarwain Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 9:53

Quite possibly the best game I have ever played in my life. I'm just starting Ilos (just when you speak to Captain Anderson at Flux), and it's shaping up to be my favourite game of all time.

It's so cinematic, the alien races are brilliantly designed, it's got a great sci-fi plot and soundtrack, the gameplay is near flawless and the planet design is great.

I never thought of downloading the DLC. I'm not usually a big fan, but this game is fantastic and I can't get enough of it, so I might as well download it for that price. How long will the sale last?
Iarwain
Iarwain
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by GeordieSquires Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 10:10

The Sale runs till the end of October I think.

I'm not very far in Mass Effect, only done the first planet after the Ciditel (at the start), but I'm really enjoying it, I love the gameplay, its easy to get to grips with, the soundtrack is pretty good, not the best i've heard but still very good.
GeordieSquires
GeordieSquires
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by saunderscowie Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 11:38

Well I bought Mass Effect about three weeks ago, I didn't really play it much but over the last two years i've clocked up over 4 hours playtime. I really like this game although I am only 7-8 hours in.

It does get annoying when the textures don't load for ages and the random stupid glitches. If the sale doesn't end until Oct I will probably download it.
saunderscowie
saunderscowie
Uchiha Ninja

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaundersKira

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawman_05 Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 11:53

im playing it now it's ok but the cmbat is clunky :/
Lawman_05
Lawman_05
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by saunderscowie Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 15:18

Okay I have finished Feros, Noveria and Dr. T'Soni so now i'm off to Virmire. I think i'm pretty far in the story now (just over 8 hours in, although i've barely done any side quests).
saunderscowie
saunderscowie
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 15:22

I would've liked a first person camera option on this game.
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by TaoFire Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 15:37

saunderscowie wrote:Okay I have finished Feros, Noveria and Dr. T'Soni so now i'm off to Virmire. I think i'm pretty far in the story now (just over 8 hours in, although i've barely done any side quests).

I'd highly reccomend side quests.

Theres a set ammount of XP in the game (No random encounters) so the more xp you get per quests or killing the better.
TaoFire
TaoFire
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Adamzzz Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 15:57

Iarwain wrote:Quite possibly the best game I have ever played in my life. I'm just starting Ilos (just when you speak to Captain Anderson at Flux), and it's shaping up to be my favourite game of all time.

It's so cinematic, the alien races are brilliantly designed, it's got a great sci-fi plot and soundtrack, the gameplay is near flawless and the planet design is great.

I never thought of downloading the DLC. I'm not usually a big fan, but this game is fantastic and I can't get enough of it, so I might as well download it for that price. How long will the sale last?

This. It's my favourite game of all time, easily. Obviously, it helps that I love stuff to do with space and stuff but this game is just awesome anyways.

Also, if it takes forever to load guys, turn Motion Blur off in the options. That should help quite a bit..

Adding to that, I've played the story 3 and about a half times and have every achievement in it. You don't see many people with that, I can assure you. Wink

Adamzzz
ChatBox Moderator
ChatBox Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by saunderscowie Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 16:01

TaoFire wrote:
saunderscowie wrote:Okay I have finished Feros, Noveria and Dr. T'Soni so now i'm off to Virmire. I think i'm pretty far in the story now (just over 8 hours in, although i've barely done any side quests).

Theres a set ammount of XP in the game (No random encounters) so the more xp you get per quests or killing the better.

I will, if I finish the main story will I still have a chance to play the side quest? If not i'll get up to the second to last mission the play the side quests.
saunderscowie
saunderscowie
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Adamzzz Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 18:11

saunderscowie wrote:
TaoFire wrote:

I will, if I finish the main story will I still have a chance to play the side quest? If not i'll get up to the second to last mission the play the side quests.

Nope. Last chance is like, after Virmire I think. And that's where it gets brilliant.

Adamzzz
ChatBox Moderator
ChatBox Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken_Pixel Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 18:36

It looks really good. I may have to get it for PC seeing as I don't have a 360. But I'm thinking of getting one...
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by saunderscowie Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 21:51

Adamzzz wrote:
saunderscowie wrote:
TaoFire wrote:

Nope. Last chance is like, after Virmire I think. And that's where it gets brilliant.

Alright, well I just finished Virmire earlier so I should get to the side quests now then. Before I head off to Ilos.
saunderscowie
saunderscowie
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by T2 Hodgie Fri 12 Sep 2008 - 0:04

You wont be able to go back to the citadel though... I was in a similar position to you, and my previous save was after I had been clamped in the docks at the citadel.
I completed the game and received completionist as well as the achievement for using Tali (Quarian Ally) but I didn't get the one for Ashley, even though I used her from the start.

After downloading and finishing the Bring down the sky DLC mission (which was epic btw - saving Terra Nova [a human colonised planet with over 4 million people] from being wiped out by an asteroid) I got Ashley's achievement. Smile

Fantastic game. The last 3/4 hours hosts the best gaming experience I've ever had. Epic game. Epic.
T2 Hodgie
T2 Hodgie
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by saunderscowie Fri 12 Sep 2008 - 11:43

I'm on Ilos now, I couldn't be bothered doing the side quests. Although will you still unlock the completionist achievement? I'm going to start again straight away on Hardcore with my character anyway so I can finish them then.

But yeah this game is very good, one of my favourites on the 360, and i've played alot of 360 games since it's launch.
saunderscowie
saunderscowie
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Uchiha Miek Fri 12 Sep 2008 - 12:37

saunderscowie wrote:I'm on Ilos now, I couldn't be bothered doing the side quests. Although will you still unlock the completionist achievement? I'm going to start again straight away on Hardcore with my character anyway so I can finish them then.

But yeah this game is very good, one of my favourites on the 360, and i've played alot of 360 games since it's launch.
Without doing side quests, I doubt you will get the "complete the majority of the game" or Ally Achievements. Sad
Uchiha Miek
Uchiha Miek
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by saunderscowie Sat 13 Sep 2008 - 18:32

I completed the game today, and yeah I didn't get the majority or ally achievements but i'm playing it again now anyway.

Great ending by the way too.
saunderscowie
saunderscowie
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Lou Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 2:39

I love it so much.
It's such an amazing story, and I can't wait for the sequels.
Happy Lou
Happy Lou
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by T2 Hodgie Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 2:51

Spoiler:

I love the cut-scene choices. ;D

Last edited by Uchiha Miek on Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 11:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thanks for the spoilers there. ¬_¬)
T2 Hodgie
T2 Hodgie
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by red lobster51 Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 3:09

The game is rough around the edges, and has problems; slow start, horrible inventory system, boring side quests, pop-in.

When playing it though it all falls out the window as it turns into the fucking greatest, motherfucking most epic last 6-7 hours of a game, I have ever played. The moment I dropped down onto Virmire, to the conclusion, I was gripped in a way that few other games have ever gripped me. The the combat system, characters, story, cinematic presentation, moral choices, the environments and the pace of the game all clicked and came together into something quite brilliant and I camped in front of the tv from 7 at night till 3 in the morning, unable to move, to finish the game.

With Oblivion, Mass Effect and soon Fable II and Fallout 3, WRPGs are really bringing it this generation.

I can't wait for Mass Effect 2. Hopefully we'll see some kind of announcement soon.

Also Rex = best character ever.
red lobster51
red lobster51
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Adamzzz Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 3:49

red lobster51 wrote:The game is rough around the edges, and has problems; slow start, horrible inventory system, boring side quests, pop-in.

When playing it though it all falls out the window as it turns into the fucking greatest, motherfucking most epic last 6-7 hours of a game, I have ever played. The moment I dropped down onto Virmire, to the conclusion, I was gripped in a way that few other games have ever gripped me. The the combat system, characters, story, cinematic presentation, moral choices, the environments and the pace of the game all clicked and came together into something quite brilliant and I camped in front of the tv from 7 at night till 3 in the morning, unable to move, to finish the game.

With Oblivion, Mass Effect and soon Fable II and Fallout 3, WRPGs are really bringing it this generation.

I can't wait for Mass Effect 2. Hopefully we'll see some kind of announcement soon.

It's Wrew, I'll have you know. Razz

and it's all about Garrus. And Tali. And Wrex. All 3 are brilliant.

Adamzzz
ChatBox Moderator
ChatBox Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TaoFire Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 4:01

Adamzzz wrote:
red lobster51 wrote:The game is rough around the edges, and has problems; slow start, horrible inventory system, boring side quests, pop-in.

Who's Wrew? D=

Wrex is indeed ftw
TaoFire
TaoFire
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Paratrooper Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 4:06

TaoFire wrote:
Adamzzz wrote:

Who's Wrew? D=

Wrex is indeed ftw
I think he just mispelled wrex while correcting RedLobsters misspelling of it.
Paratrooper
Paratrooper
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum