PrisonRules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k*

+4
harvestsmoons
red lobster51
CYBERFROST
Swifteh
8 posters

Go down

Will you be getting Platinum and if so how early?

Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Vote_lcap17%Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Vote_lcap33%Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Vote_lcap0%Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Vote_lcap50%Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Empty Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k*

Post by Swifteh Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 14:04

*First try at Poll, may not work right*

As every man and his dog knows there are two Pokémon games then Game Freak improve upon them and release a third. Platinum is the thrid game to Diamond/Pearl and boy does it look epic... (well as epic as Pokémon games get)
So now that the game is out in Japan info has been leaked all over the place.
Note: Serebii is a Pokemon site with much info on Plat and a immensley useful Pokédex hence why I link to it.

New Pokémon

The introduction of 7 "new" Pokemon. These are the different formes of Rotom, Shaymin and Giratina.

Giratina's Origin Forme
Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* GiratinaOriginForme
Giratina's Serebii page

Giratina now appears in the "Torn World" which is a mad world which has you surfing downwards and and walking up walls. It will fight you at level 47 (much like Dailga and Palkia from D/P) in its Origin Forme. After you catch it you'll be teleported back to Sinnoh where sadly Giratina will turn back into it's normal forme called "Another Forme". To turn it back into it's Origin Forme you'll have to venture back to the torn world after you get the national dex and get the only item that appears in the torn world the Platinum Orb which will allow you to change Giratina's formes at will.

Shaymin's Sky Forme
Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Shaymin-sky-forme
Shaymin's Serebii page

It's still unkown how Sky Forme Shaymin will be found. When you have a Shaymin in your party and talk to a certain person in Florma Town you get the Glacia Flower which allows you to change between the formes. Shaymins that were found via the surfing glitch on the japanese D/P will not be able to change to sky formes.

Rotom's New Formes
Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Rotomfrostforme
Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Rotomwashingmachine
Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Rotomfan
Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Rotomcutform
Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Rotomoven
Rotom's Serebii page

You ever wondered why Rotom was such a difficult thing to get? Ever wondered why it appears at the end of the Pokédex? Here is why. Meet it's alternate formes. As you can see it takes on the formes of household applices. A Fridge (Frost Forme), a washing machine (Wash Forme), a fan (Spin Forme), a lawnmower (Cut Forme) and a oven (Heat Forme). All the alternate formes share the same stats the only differnece between them is the moves they learn. The Frost Forme can learn Blizzrad, the Wash Forme can learn Hydro Pump, Spin learns Air Slash, Cut learns Leaf Storm and Heat learns Overheat. The typing for the formes is unkown. Maybe they'll change (Frost for example may become Ghost/Ice or Electric/Ice) or maybe they'll stay the same. To get the new Rotom formes you must download the Secret Key from Wi-fi allowing you to enter the secret room in the Eterna Galatic base. Inside of this room are 5 electrical appliances simply get your Rotom and pick one. You'll then be told to teach it it's new move (e.g. Air Slash for Spin Rotom). Then when you want to change forms pick another appliance then the default move (of Spin Rotom for example) will be replaced with it's default move of it's other forme (Such as Blizzard for the Frost forme.)

Story Changes & Quite Big Changes

The plot has change dramatically. First off the climate has changed. There's alot more snow about. You get your first Pokemon earlier as Prof. Rowan stops you from running into the grass. You meet Cyrus at the the lake (very early in-game). That's just at the begining. *This will be updated as I discover more*

A quite big change is the introduction to more Pokemon to the shinnoh dex. Anything that has a new evolution in D/P (Gligar, Magmar etc.) will now be able to catch before the E4. Also Houndour and Scyther have been added to the Shinnoh dex. This means that the in-game should be quite a bit easier.

Fantina is now the 3rd leader, Malene is the 4th and Crasher Wake is the 5th. This is instead of deciding to beat ether Crasher Wake or Malene beating Bryon then going back to Fantina (iirc). Some Gym Leaders Pokémon have changed too.

Battle Animations have gotten better, for example your rival has a dance when you battle him, as do all Gym Leaders (along with an awesome intro before the battle starts). Also the Pokémon back sprites animations are alot better the fact that Pikachu maves at you when you send him out is one of these. Note the health bar's new look also.

Useful Site & Video Playthough:

So much has been added I don't want to make it a chore to read. So here it is worded much better than I could and in little sniplets. Probably the greatest site for Pokémon:
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Also Marriland is doing a Platinum Playthough if you don't like reading here are Youtube links to his videos so far:
Marriland's Channel
Marriland's Platinum Walkthough Part 1
Marriland's Platinum Walkthough Part 2
Marriland's Platinum Walkthough Part 3
Marriland's Platinum Walkthough Part 4
Marriland's Platinum Walkthough Part 5
Marriland's Platinum Walkthough Part 6
Marriland's Platinum Walkthough Part 8
Marriland's Platinum Walkthough Part 9 *Torn World in action*
Marriland's Platinum Walkthough Part 10

I hope you don't push this aside as "yet another Pokémon game" trust me, this game will own.

Last edited by Swifteh on Sat 20 Sep 2008 - 12:21; edited 3 times in total
Swifteh
Swifteh
Freemans Bitch

https://www.youtube.com/user/SWIFTEH06

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Empty Re: Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k*

Post by CYBERFROST Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 14:40

Rotom's new forms look retarded.
>C
CYBERFROST
CYBERFROST
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k* Empty Re: Pokémon Platinum & Pokémon Banter while we're at it! *56k*

Post by red lobster51 Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 14:47

Hopefully they will tweak the campaign quite a lot, as the pacing in D/P was awful compared to the earlier games.

I'm not going to pretend I won't buy it though.
red lobster51
red lobster51
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifteh Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 18:33

red lobster51 wrote:Hopefully they will tweak the campaign quite a lot, as the pacing in D/P was awful compared to the earlier games.

You play too much Halo. Srsly.

As for the story yes, it has been changed alot. Alot more than Emerald did and that changed it quite a bit.
Swifteh
Swifteh
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by harvestsmoons Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 18:53

CYBERFROST wrote:Rotom's new forms look retarded.
>C

Agreed.

May get this is i can be assed with another pokémon game. Probably not though.
harvestsmoons
harvestsmoons
Uchiha Ninja

http://www.total-gamer.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Paratrooper Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 18:53

Swifteh wrote:
red lobster51 wrote:Hopefully they will tweak the campaign quite a lot, as the pacing in D/P was awful compared to the earlier games.

As for the story yes, it has been changed alot. Alot more than Emerald did and that changed it quite a bit.
You have no idea...
Paratrooper
Paratrooper
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by red lobster51 Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 19:36

Swifteh wrote:

Laughing

I didn't even notice that when I posted it, I also tend to use slayer instead of deathmatch as well and throw a lot of unnecessary grenades when trying to reload in COD4.

The pokemon changes are good to hear, D/P was my least favourite of the series so far, and I hope these adjustments will rectify that.
red lobster51
red lobster51
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifteh Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 20:30

red lobster51 wrote:
Swifteh wrote:

Laughing

I didn't even notice that when I posted it, I also tend to use slayer instead of deathmatch as well and throw a lot of unnecessary grenades when trying to reload in COD4.

The pokemon changes are good to hear, D/P was my least favourite of the series so far, and I hope these adjustments will rectify that.

D/P is one of the best. Thanks to online battling (yeah it's not perfect works better than most stuff though) people can actually put intresting videos up of Pokémon. I mean look at Disfunction (TheCarious) he has over 3000 subs due to the fact he uses some UUs and BLs in the standard metagame. He doesn't even narrate!

Before D/P all Pokémon videos consisted of ether some using an AR to ether hax stuff or walk though walls (wow!) or showing you how to get Celebi on Emerald by calling yourself "Ash". "Yeah just ignore the fact that everything is out of sync"

R/S/E has the title of worst Pokémon game imo. Didn't feel like a Pokémon game and never will.

Also who has got it from Japan?
Swifteh
Swifteh
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Uchiha Miek Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 20:39

Pokemon started dying after the G/S/C era. Fact.
NOTHING will ever top G/S/C.
Oh and I wont be getting Platinum (y)
Uchiha Miek
Uchiha Miek
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by harvestsmoons Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 20:44

Uchiha Miek wrote:Pokemon started dying after the G/S/C era. Fact.

He speak-a the truth!
harvestsmoons
harvestsmoons
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifteh Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 20:50

harvestsmoons wrote:

He speak-a the truth!

He does.

HOWEVER!, that doesn't mean that the 3rd and 4th gen were bad. Also Plat will beat it.
Swifteh
Swifteh
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by harvestsmoons Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 20:52

Swifteh wrote:
harvestsmoons wrote:

He speak-a the truth!

He does.

HOWEVER!, that doesn't mean that the 3rd and 4th gen were bad. Also Plat will beat it.

I sinserly (crap spelling, i know) doubt it.
harvestsmoons
harvestsmoons
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by red lobster51 Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 0:16

Swifteh wrote:
D/P is one of the best. Thanks to online battling (yeah it's not perfect works better than most stuff though) people can actually put intresting videos up of Pokémon. I mean look at Disfunction (TheCarious) he has over 3000 subs due to the fact he uses some UUs and BLs in the standard metagame. He doesn't even narrate!

Before D/P all Pokémon videos consisted of ether some using an AR to ether hax stuff or walk though walls (wow!) or showing you how to get Celebi on Emerald by calling yourself "Ash". "Yeah just ignore the fact that everything is out of sync"

R/S/E has the title of worst Pokémon game imo. Didn't feel like a Pokémon game and never will.

Ah I guess that is where our opinions differ, I play Pokemon games for the fun of the campaign (lol) rather than battling, so my opinion tends to be based around how strong the experience was in that area. So though D/P had amazing end game content, the game up until then was my least favourite out of all of them. The game took a very long time to get an momentum, then the pacing was very uneven from then, the world of D/P was un-inspiring, the cities not very memorable and didn't have the greatest lineup of new critters. Whereas with R/S, the pacing was pitch perfect, it pushed you along from one interesting area to the next and just the right speed and you never felt like you were spending too long or too short a time in an area, I adored the world map as well there.

G/S is still the best, but I feel R/S was hard done by people as it's an excellent game.
red lobster51
red lobster51
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifteh Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 18:44

red lobster51 wrote:
Swifteh wrote:

Ah I guess that is where our opinions differ, I play Pokemon games for the fun of the campaign (lol) rather than battling, so my opinion tends to be based around how strong the experience was in that area. So though D/P had amazing end game content, the game up until then was my least favourite out of all of them. The game took a very long time to get an momentum, then the pacing was very uneven from then, the world of D/P was un-inspiring, the cities not very memorable and didn't have the greatest lineup of new critters. Whereas with R/S, the pacing was pitch perfect, it pushed you along from one interesting area to the next and just the right speed and you never felt like you were spending too long or too short a time in an area, I adored the world map as well there.

G/S is still the best, but I feel R/S was hard done by people as it's an excellent game.

Many, many, many people (both hardcore fans to people like you) believe that the 2nd Gen was by far the best. I am one of those people. For the reasons you said and the fact it was my first game, ever.

But Plat will move you along, its plot is alot better. I'm gonna update the first post too with Marriland's new video and maybe the Pokémon which you can't get in Plat.
Swifteh
Swifteh
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by TaoFire Sat 20 Sep 2008 - 2:32

Swifteh wrote:
red lobster51 wrote:
Swifteh wrote:

Laughing

Pokemon brings back fond memories.

RSE are the worst - the first and second gen were by far the best. The rest are milking a franchise as much as the tv shows and series imo.

And ''Also who has it from japan'' is a dumb statement. Doesent effect it in the slightest.
TaoFire
TaoFire
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifteh Sat 20 Sep 2008 - 12:15

TaoFire wrote:And ''Also who has it from japan'' is a dumb statement. Doesent effect it in the slightest.

Effect what? Did I have bad grammer or something?

Anyway I'll put a video up of the torn world up cause it looks epic.
Swifteh
Swifteh
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken_Pixel Sun 21 Sep 2008 - 2:04

I just started a new game on Emerald. I just remembered how great that game was. I just beat the Rustborough gym leader Smile
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by CYBERFROST Sun 21 Sep 2008 - 2:09

I think Plat has broken Pokemon. Compet wise.
Outrage Lax, FUCK YEAH!...
CYBERFROST
CYBERFROST
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifteh Mon 22 Sep 2008 - 20:15

CYBERFROST wrote:I think Plat has broken Pokemon. Compet wise.
Outrage Lax, FUCK YEAH!...

Maybe so but, Salamence gets it too meaning that Salamence is now officially even more broken and will hopefully go uber along with Gaychump.

On the bright side many UUs are getting very interesting moves. Anyone for Magnet Rise Superpowering Luxray?
Swifteh
Swifteh
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum