PrisonRules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The DSi

+4
Exodist
Broken_Pixel
Will n that
Uchiha Miek
8 posters

Go down

The DSi Empty The DSi

Post by Uchiha Miek Fri 3 Oct 2008 - 22:46

During their Fall Press Conference today, Nintendo have - as expected - announced a new version of the Nintendo DS. Called the Nintendo DSi, it eschews the GBA slot (boo!) in favour of a slight downsizing (it's a little thinner) and a range of improvements. The handheld's screens have been enlarged, and will now be 17% bigger (at 3.25 inches) than those found on the DS Lite. As for the rumoured additions, both have proven to be correct, with "audio enhancements" made to the handheld, while it will also now include a .3 megapixel (640x480) camera. And that's just the start of it.

The DSi also features an SD memory card slot, making it possible to take pictures with the DSi and then view them on the Nintendo Wii. The DSi features a built-in browser, and it's possible to download games and keep them on the DSi.

For digital delivery purchases, there is a DSi Shop, from which users can download DSiWare from. Pricing categories for the DSiWare are: Free, 200 points, 500 points and "Premium" or 800 points. Customers will get 1000 free points to spend at the DSi Shop that are good until March 2010.

The DSi will be released in Japan on November 1. It will retail for ¥18,900 (USD$180), and will be available in two colours, white and black. It will be released in other markets sometime "next year".
The DSi Dsi_2_1222928224

Isn't it about time we saw a NEW Nintendo handheld? Even with all these add-ons, at the end of the day its still a DS.
Thoughts?
Uchiha Miek
Uchiha Miek
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

The DSi Empty Re: The DSi

Post by Will n that Sat 4 Oct 2008 - 12:45

Well I'm not fussed about the GBA slot going. I always thought the thing looked rather ridiculous with a fat ugly GBA card sticking out its arse. And a smaller unit but with bigger screens makes it rather sexy to me, yes. I think I shall have to have one, even though I haven't used mine in ages, well, only for Spore, and that was only because it was £12, but it was shite anyway and I spent about an hour on it.
Will n that
Will n that

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken_Pixel Sat 4 Oct 2008 - 13:28

I'll have to wait to get a DS then. I'd rather wait for a DSi, than get a DS Lite and be screwed over by the games that will only be compatable with the DSi.
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodist Sat 4 Oct 2008 - 16:09

I've still got my original DS, so Im sticking to that. The DS Lite for me was always one of those things you would buy if your current one broke, and it still will be. The fact the DSi has no GBA slot means On Tour won't be playable... So if my DS does break I'll go for the Lite.
Exodist
Exodist
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifteh Sat 4 Oct 2008 - 19:18

Big debate about how Pal Park will work on Pooglemanz.

But the DSshop thing is looking pwnsome so that should fix the pal park problem. Also think of all the awesme DLC.

But this being Nintendo it will be full fo shit to dress your Nintendawg and your AC:WW Berk.

I want a new Pokeman region to play on Platinum Nintendo. And downloadable event itens!!!

But the Camera and MP3 stuff looks cool too.

I'm gonna order one from Japan for Christmas Cool
Swifteh
Swifteh
Freemans Bitch

https://www.youtube.com/user/SWIFTEH06

Back to top Go down

Post by Godfrey Fri 17 Oct 2008 - 12:25

I reckon it'll go the same way as the Gameboy Micro.

Godfrey
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Davis Fri 17 Oct 2008 - 20:48

Godfrey wrote:I reckon it'll go the same way as the Gameboy Micro.

nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Mr.Davis
Mr.Davis
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by [ODNETNIN+] Fri 17 Oct 2008 - 21:41

I want.
[ODNETNIN+]
[ODNETNIN+]
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down