PrisonRules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone..

4 posters

Go down

Does anyone.. Empty Does anyone..

Post by D_C Sun 5 Oct 2008 - 20:16

..have a HDD transfer cable & disc I could borrow? I'd pay for postage via Paypal or something obviously.
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Does anyone.. Empty Re: Does anyone..

Post by Roosetifer Sun 5 Oct 2008 - 21:31

D_C wrote:..have a HDD transfer cable & disc I could borrow? I'd pay for postage via Paypal or something obviously.

If you've just got an elite then you can order it for free.

And you cant borrow the transfer cables microsoft made sure of that, you can only use it once. Your best bet is eBay, though people will overprice it, its till cheaper than what microsoft offer.
Roosetifer
Roosetifer
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Sun 5 Oct 2008 - 21:46

Unfortunately, its an Arcade, and I'm upgrading from 20GB to 60GB. Looks like ebay is my best bet Sad
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by T2 Hodgie Mon 6 Oct 2008 - 1:26

I have an elite and haven't ordered any transfer cables yet... Does that mean that I could, and give them too you?
I'd be happy to do so if it's possible. :]
T2 Hodgie
T2 Hodgie
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Roosetifer Mon 6 Oct 2008 - 1:30

T2 Hodgie wrote:I have an elite and haven't ordered any transfer cables yet... Does that mean that I could, and give them too you?
I'd be happy to do so if it's possible. :]

Yes, im assuming then you didnt have a 360 prior to the elite. Basically you have to go on xbox.com, then transfer get all the forms etc.

Actually i havent even gotten my cable yet despite getting an elite after my old xbox broke.
Roosetifer
Roosetifer
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by T2 Hodgie Mon 6 Oct 2008 - 1:32

TO EBAY! :3
T2 Hodgie
T2 Hodgie
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Roosetifer Mon 6 Oct 2008 - 1:44

T2 Hodgie wrote:TO EBAY! :3

Well you have the choice of doing the nice thing, or scamming selling it to someone on ebay for like £10-£15
Roosetifer
Roosetifer
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Mon 6 Oct 2008 - 1:49

Well I've found one on ebay which was £20. It says its been used once though, so if it doesn't work I'll kick up a fuss and get my money back. Thing is, I'm gonna have a new hard drive, but no way of having my saves on it. Its kind of annoying how Micro$oft screw you over like this..

Hodgie, if it doesn't work, I'd gladly pay the £10-15 if you do manage to get the cable, as I'm gonna be left with a useless 60GB HDD otherwise :@
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by Roosetifer Mon 6 Oct 2008 - 2:44

D_C wrote:Well I've found one on ebay which was £20. It says its been used once though, so if it doesn't work I'll kick up a fuss and get my money back. Thing is, I'm gonna have a new hard drive, but no way of having my saves on it. Its kind of annoying how Micro$oft screw you over like this..

Hodgie, if it doesn't work, I'd gladly pay the £10-15 if you do manage to get the cable, as I'm gonna be left with a useless 60GB HDD otherwise :@

You havnt bought it have you, im amost 100% sure that it dosnt work twice.
Roosetifer
Roosetifer
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Mon 6 Oct 2008 - 2:56

I remember Chris on ONM said he borrowed a friends' one to do his, so I'll give this one a shot. Like I said, if not I'll get the money back.

EDIT: Just wondered, if this didn't work, could I not copy my saves over on a memory card, then put the new HDD in, do recover GT, then copy the saves on from the memory card again?
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodist Mon 6 Oct 2008 - 9:23

D_C wrote:I remember Chris on ONM said he borrowed a friends' one to do his, so I'll give this one a shot. Like I said, if not I'll get the money back.

EDIT: Just wondered, if this didn't work, could I not copy my saves over on a memory card, then put the new HDD in, do recover GT, then copy the saves on from the memory card again?

Should be able to. I had a memory card to store my gamer profiles but eventually I moved my actual profiles (with my Exodist on XBL) over to the hard drive and it worked fine, I can read the saves off the memory card too (meaning I have a few game saves left on my card, and I can just select the card when you load up a game and et voila, the saves work). It might take a while if you want to move DLC over or whatever, but it should work.
Exodist
Exodist
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Wed 8 Oct 2008 - 17:30

The cable didn't work. I got my money back, and was able to transfer save games with a memory card (which took forever). I'm now re-downloading all the XBLA games and expansion packs etc. The download history thing is really useful Wink

Ta anyways guys.
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by T2 Hodgie Wed 8 Oct 2008 - 18:31

My cables just arrived, you should of told me sooner and I'd of sent 'em out.

..Good that you've got it sorted tho!.
T2 Hodgie
T2 Hodgie
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum