PrisonRules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slash Signature Tutorial

3 posters

Go down

Slash Signature Tutorial Empty Slash Signature Tutorial

Post by TaoFire Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 0:49

Ok guys. I'd thoiught i'd whack up a tutorial for this signature:

Slash Signature Tutorial Slashsignb1

Its a simple but very nice looking signature made with no custom brushes - only photoshop stock brushes and photoshop effects. Using a stock. My sttock was:

Slash Signature Tutorial Slash-431x275

Step one.

Slash Signature Tutorial 86235249ga1

Get your stock and place it onto the signature on a new layer. I used a 400x123 canvas with a transparent background. The image should have a vocal point - so a single place in the signature that the yes are drawn too. I chose (obviously) Slash the guitarist as the main vocal point of the signature.

Step two

Go to your render and use your dropper tool to get two colours, a lighter and a darker, or simply two opposing colours (Put them as your foreground, and background colour. Which way around is up to you) and make the stock layer transparent Now go to your background layer and then go to your gradient tool, and select the 'Diamond gradient'. Place this, under where your render will be by dragging it diagonally away from your vocal point's center , like so.

Slash Signature Tutorial 19567637xi3

Step three:

Now, turn the layer of your stock back on (which should be above the background layer with the gradient on) and select 'Luminosity' on the drop down menu on the layers tab. (Or right click > blending options > Blend mode > lumi') and you should have a result similair too:

Slash Signature Tutorial 55899506wh0

Step Four:

Now make a new layer, and go to image > Apply image. Then go to Filter > distort > ocean ripple and set it to 9 on both. After that, put that layers blending option to 'Soft light'. Proceed to erase any marks that obscure the main point in the image, for example - over slash - but i left the background the same. Result is:

Slash Signature Tutorial 13190089me9

Step Five:

make another new layer and Apply the image again. Now go to filter > Distort > wave. Cycle through until you find one you like and then press ok, set it to soft light again and rub out anything that doesent fit in. I decided to use this riple to circle around teh guitar, erasing basically everything else apart from that single line. This gave:

Slash Signature Tutorial 19976221pb7

Step 6:

Now go to Layer > New adjustment layer > photo filter and cycle through till you get too 'deep yellow'. Press 'ok' and then set this layers blending options to 'Overlay.' Erase once again any blocky sections which do not fit in. The piece should resemble:

Slash Signature Tutorial 70101193lk3

Step seven:

Now once again make a new layer and Apply image. Then go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur and set it to 3.5 then put its blending mode as 'Pin Light'. This should stop any sharp colours (such as the white parts) sticking out to much and smooth it over a little better with the background. If the image looks better without feel free to leave that layer off. Its down to personal preferance. This should give you:

Slash Signature Tutorial 68391453vv2

Step 8: Border text and cleanup.

For the border, you want to make a new layer. ctrl + A to select all and then go to edit > Stroke. And put it on 2 - 3 pixel white. Then, put the layer mode As Overlay. The text, is overlay aswell using size 18 white text. Ths end result of text and Border is:

Slash Signature Tutorial Slashsignb1

---

End. Im a bit rusty at making tutorials (not any in months) so enjoy. I'll clean it all up later.
TaoFire
TaoFire
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Slash Signature Tutorial Empty Re: Slash Signature Tutorial

Post by Broken_Pixel Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 0:56

Nice Tut. We need a Tut thread.
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by CYBERFROST Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 1:57

Slash Signature Tutorial TaoFireSigTut_MasterChiefcopy

Fail. T___T
CYBERFROST
CYBERFROST
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by TaoFire Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 19:57

Did this one with the exact same tutorial and steps, part of my 'musicians' sig set im working on.

Slash Signature Tutorial Vanhalensigqb7
TaoFire
TaoFire
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down