PrisonRules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Gear Solid topic - New Freebie every Thursday!

+2
Hobohodo
LightSamus
6 posters

Go down

The Metal Gear Solid topic - New Freebie every Thursday! Empty The Metal Gear Solid topic - New Freebie every Thursday!

Post by LightSamus Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 15:57

Since we need something to keep this PS3 forum going as much as the XBox one, here's a fantastic game to discuss. You may not have noticed that every Thursday, a new freebie is released for download for use in game. It consists of either an iPod song, a new camo or an integral podcast of which none have yet been released. I'm off to check today's freebie so I'll add an index of freebies to the next post.
LightSamus
LightSamus
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

The Metal Gear Solid topic - New Freebie every Thursday! Empty Re: The Metal Gear Solid topic - New Freebie every Thursday!

Post by LightSamus Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 15:59

Freebie Index

iPod Songs

Conclusion - MGS4
Hind D - MGS
Battle of Highland - MGS4
Harrier - MGS2 DGN
Love Theme ~hum version~ - MGS4
Battle - MGS2
*NEW* Forerunner - MGS4

Camo
Digital Red - No effects
Digital Blue - No effects
Laughing - Enemies may laugh
Raging - Enemies may rage
Crying - Enemies may cry
Screaming - Enemies may scream
Snake - One hit KO punches, no stress from heavy weapons, Camo -10%
Beauty - CQC absorbs Psyche, Stress x2 in sunlight
Metal - Life/Psyche depreciates 50% slower, Camo -10%

Integral Podcasts
None yet.
LightSamus
LightSamus
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

The Metal Gear Solid topic - New Freebie every Thursday! Empty Re: The Metal Gear Solid topic - New Freebie every Thursday!

Post by Hobohodo Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 18:02

I'll remember to download these for when I start my next play through. Currently just done my fifth play through.
Hobohodo
Hobohodo
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by LightSamus Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 18:09

Hobohodo wrote:I'll remember to download these for when I start my next play through. Currently just done my fifth play through.
Some are really fun to use. Try using Snake camo and the Stealth item and just running up to a soldier and knocking them out with one punch. Tis fun! ^_^
LightSamus
LightSamus
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Roosetifer Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 1:30

Currently on my second playthrough, im doing it on Big Boss hard. My next playthrough im going to do it on liquid easy to get stealth and bandana.
Roosetifer
Roosetifer
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by LightSamus Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 11:08

Roosetifer wrote:Currently on my second playthrough, im doing it on Big Boss hard. My next playthrough im going to do it on liquid easy to get stealth and bandana.
I did that to get the Stealth/Bandana too. Still quite a challenge but if you do it after playing The Boss, it should be a lot easier.
LightSamus
LightSamus
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken_Pixel Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 12:25

MGS4 is my first Metal Gear game, and I have to say that it is fantastic. I'm on act 3 at the moment on Naked Normal. Stalking is fun =D
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Roosetifer Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 12:30

LightSamus wrote:
Roosetifer wrote:Currently on my second playthrough, im doing it on Big Boss hard. My next playthrough im going to do it on liquid easy to get stealth and bandana.
I did that to get the Stealth/Bandana too. Still quite a challenge but if you do it after playing The Boss, it should be a lot easier.

The bits i think are going to be hard is the on the rails chases, plus does killing a boss in their first form count as a kill?
Roosetifer
Roosetifer
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by LightSamus Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 16:37

Anything remotely robotic is not counted as a a kill. That includes Gekko, those little round three armed things and the beast form of bosses. So blast away at the beast then tranq the beauty.
LightSamus
LightSamus
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by buzzbuzz312 Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 18:57

What's this game?

LOL I still haven't bought it. lol!
buzzbuzz312
buzzbuzz312
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken_Pixel Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 19:19

buzzbuzz312 wrote:What's this game?

LOL I still haven't bought it. lol!

You should, it's like amazing.
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiddy Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 20:36

Probably one of the most misunderstood games this gen.
Squiddy
Squiddy
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Roosetifer Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 20:42

LightSamus wrote:Anything remotely robotic is not counted as a a kill. That includes Gekko, those little round three armed things and the beast form of bosses. So blast away at the beast then tranq the beauty.

No its the second chase im concerned about, cos most of the guys you have to kill are humans.

And can you put a message in the first post for spoiler warnings id hate to ruin the game for someone.
Roosetifer
Roosetifer
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by LightSamus Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 23:49

I think you just need to concentrate on the Gekko more than anything else because once they're down, the tank moves on.
LightSamus
LightSamus
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down