PrisonRules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spore : How will you create the Universe?

+7
Elmand
Paratrooper
Wine And Roses
DarkChaotix
Tails
D_C
Broken_Pixel
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spore : How will you create the Universe? Empty Spore : How will you create the Universe?

Post by Broken_Pixel Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 13:15

From the mind of Will Wright comes SPORE, a journey that takes you from the origin and evolution of life through the development of civilization and technology and eventually all the way into the deepest reaches of outer space. Begin your odyssey at the dawn of life as a simple microbe just trying to survive, then use the fun, intuitive Editors to evolve the creature from its microscopic origins into an intelligent, tool-using race. Guide your species as it builds (and the player designs) villages, buildings, cities, and vehicles. Along the way to becoming a global civilization you can choose whether to hunt or forage, attack or trade, be nice or play rough. All the action takes place in a huge, lush world populated with creatures evolved by other players and shared over SPORE's central servers. When it's ready, your one-time pond scum launches into space in its UFO on a grand voyage of discovery, planet forming, or destruct-ion. As you explore and play in this limitless universe of unique worlds, your personal Sporepedia tracks all the creatures you've met and places you've visited. Take complete control of your creature's fate as you guide it through the following six evolutionary phases: Tidepool phase: Fight with other creatures and consume them to adjust the form and abilities of your creature. It's survival of the fittest at the most microscopic level. Creature phase: Venture onto dry land and help your creature learn and evolve with forays away from your safe haven. Carnivore or Herbivore? Social or Independent? The choice is yours. Tribal phase: Instead of controlling an individual creature, you are now caring for an entire tribe of your genetic craftwork. Give them tools and guide their interactions as you slowly upgrade their state of existence. City phase: Bring your creatures' race into a new golden era by building up the technology, architecture, and infrastructure of their city. Civilization phase: Once your city is established, your creatures begin seeking out and interacting with other cultures. You can have them do so with an olive branch or a war cry—either way, the goal for your creatures is to unify the planet. Space phase: The time has come to move on to other worlds in your solar system. Make first-contact, colonize, or terraform, then venture further to find other solar systems scattered throughout a magnificently rendered galaxy. A 'mission' structure provides new goals and paths to follow as you begin to spread through the universe.
-EA

Will Wrights latest genius creation is Spore. A game where you start of as a microscopic cell, and evolving into a minor civilization, then evolving into a giant city and conquering other planets. The only limit is your imagination. It already looks to be a strong contender for GOTY already. Do you have it already, if so how good is it?

Last edited by Broken_Pixel on Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 13:02; edited 1 time in total
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Spore : How will you create the Universe? Empty Re: Spore : How will you create the Universe?

Post by D_C Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 13:49

I had the leaked version since tuesday, but didn't want to risk going online (which is pretty much the best part of it). My pre-order is downloading from Direct2Drive as I type (with 3 hours to go D: ). Its a lot of fun, and every stage surpasses the one before it.
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Spore : How will you create the Universe? Empty Re: Spore : How will you create the Universe?

Post by Broken_Pixel Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 14:16

Noice. I gave my dad the money, and he picked it up on the way to work. So at around 5pm ish, I'll be stuck to the laptop.
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Tails Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 14:58

I might get this for my brothers birthday (Just so I can play it too). Do you think he'll like it ? I mean he likes the sims and simcity.
Tails
Tails
Uchiha Ninja

http://www.djbruce92.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken_Pixel Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 15:03

Tails wrote:I might get this for my brothers birthday (Just so I can play it too). Do you think he'll like it ? I mean he likes the sims and simcity.

I think so. It has all the creation of the Sims and Sim City x10. And if he likes RTS's he would love this.
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Tails Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 15:05

Broken_Pixel wrote:
Tails wrote:I might get this for my brothers birthday (Just so I can play it too). Do you think he'll like it ? I mean he likes the sims and simcity.

I think so. It has all the creation of the Sims and Sim City x10. And if he likes RTS's he would love this.
Yeah well at the moment I'm playing fallout Smile .
Tails
Tails
Uchiha Ninja

http://www.djbruce92.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkChaotix Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 18:12

Installing!

*waits for ages*
DarkChaotix
DarkChaotix
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Wine And Roses Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 20:29

I'm going to be controversial here and say I can see this game getting boring after a while. Yeah, that's right, I said it! I nearly finished it yesterday... There's something missing. Like Character or not enough depth. YEAAAAHHH I know you're all thinking ''WHAAATTT, BUT YOU FOLLOW YOUR CREATURE THROUGH EVOLUTION BLAH BLAH'' But it's lacking. I feel.
Wine And Roses
Wine And Roses
Uchiha Ninja

http://www.myspace.com/stephfromnorthdevon

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 20:37

Wine And Roses wrote:I'm going to be controversial here and say I can see this game getting boring after a while. Yeah, that's right, I said it! I nearly finished it yesterday... There's something missing. Like Character or not enough depth. YEAAAAHHH I know you're all thinking ''WHAAATTT, BUT YOU FOLLOW YOUR CREATURE THROUGH EVOLUTION BLAH BLAH'' But it's lacking. I feel.

Nah, I fully understand that, and agree. Its a game I'm going to play every now and then.
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by Paratrooper Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 1:20

So, how long would I play it?

I've been asking D_C but I want to know others opinions.

It's either this or Viva Pinata 2 tomorrow.

I'm loving the look of creating my own creature, but I ain't the biggest PC gamer so I could easily stop and get bored.

Will it engage me, or will I be left with empty feeling?

The first 2 stages look great, but after that...?

I haven't seen, or know enough about the rest to make a judgement right now.
Paratrooper
Paratrooper
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Wine And Roses Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 12:59

I'm left wanting more and I play games like The Sims2...

Go for VP2 Very Happy
Wine And Roses
Wine And Roses
Uchiha Ninja

http://www.myspace.com/stephfromnorthdevon

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken_Pixel Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 13:01

Ok, Spore is just incredable. I loved the 2D bit, so simple but so fun. I'm currently on the bigger nest bit. No one likes my species, and they keep attacking >.< Lucky for me I have wings =D
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Paratrooper Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 15:37

So I just got it and the fucking game won't install properley.

Fucking error of some type.

FFS.
Paratrooper
Paratrooper
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmand Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 19:05

I fucking love this game. It's unique and fun to play, it doesnt feel like a burden unlike most games. Well worth buying.

Elmand
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken_Pixel Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 19:26

Elmand wrote:I fucking love this game. It's unique and fun to play, it doesnt feel like a burden unlike most games. Well worth buying.

Totally agree. I started a new game, and now I'm on the Tribal Stage. I love the way it has turned into a RTS. It is a great way to keep it fresh. Man this game is amazing.
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Paratrooper Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 19:36

Broken_Pixel wrote:
Elmand wrote:I fucking love this game. It's unique and fun to play, it doesnt feel like a burden unlike most games. Well worth buying.

Totally agree. I started a new game, and now I'm on the Tribal Stage. I love the way it has turned into a RTS. It is a great way to keep it fresh. Man this game is amazing.
Now it's working it's awesome. Still on the creature stage though.

How about a database of people's names?

Mine's Paratrooper btw.
Paratrooper
Paratrooper
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Kitsune Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 20:12

My PC cannot run this game (since it's a laptop), however, shall i pick up the DS version? According to the new issue of gamesTM, it's a scaled down version the PC one, just a lot cuter.
Purple Kitsune
Purple Kitsune
COG Recruit

http://www.purple-kitsune.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 20:15

It looks like its just the creature stage on the DS..
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifteh Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 22:09

My Laptop doesn't have enough power to run this. Also I find RTS dull and uninteresting. However the free creator creator looked kewl.
Swifteh
Swifteh
Freemans Bitch

https://www.youtube.com/user/SWIFTEH06

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmy_the_tortoise Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 0:43

Swifteh wrote:My Laptop doesn't have enough power to run this. Also I find RTS dull and uninteresting. However the free creator creator looked kewl.

I find that hard to believe.
Timmy_the_tortoise
Timmy_the_tortoise
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 0:54

Timmy_the_tortoise wrote:
Swifteh wrote:My Laptop doesn't have enough power to run this. Also I find RTS dull and uninteresting. However the free creator creator looked kewl.

Maybe its an Eee *shudder*
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmy_the_tortoise Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 5:14

D_C wrote:

Not technically a laptop then. Razz
Timmy_the_tortoise
Timmy_the_tortoise
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifteh Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 19:18

D_C wrote:

I downloaded the trial get everything I need then (took a whole freaking day) kicks me in the balls and says my graphics card isn't powerful enough. It's 1 or 2 years old now.
Swifteh
Swifteh
Freemans Bitch

https://www.youtube.com/user/SWIFTEH06

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmy_the_tortoise Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 1:17

Swifteh wrote:
D_C wrote:

I downloaded the trial get everything I need then (took a whole freaking day) kicks me in the balls and says my graphics card isn't powerful enough. It's 1 or 2 years old now.

What GFX card you got? It must have to be Intel then. Even a Mobile Radeon or GeForce GPU that's 1 or 2 years old could handle it easily.

Heck, my laptop is nearly 1.5 years old, and that smoothly runs it with a GeForce 7400 at max.
Timmy_the_tortoise
Timmy_the_tortoise
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by TaoFire Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 1:50

Swifteh wrote:
D_C wrote:

SORRY..

you can't be running a 1 - 2 year old lappy that can't run a game designed to run at low spec on 5 - 6 year old desktops T_T seriously.. you must have a TERRIBlE lappy.
TaoFire
TaoFire
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next