PrisonRules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expanding the site?

+9
Purple Kitsune
Tails
Shaun2k5
Roosetifer
Youth On Paper
King Slazo
CYBERFROST
D_C
T2 Hodgie
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Expanding the site? Empty Expanding the site?

Post by T2 Hodgie Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 23:41

I don't know how many people will be interested, but hows about we have a reviews/previews section... If successful we could potentially get publishers interested/involved and build the community further.
I remember there being a way through forumotion to pay for a URL - i.e. we could be www.prisionrules.com instead of.forumotion.net/ ...We'd have to pay a little but if we all pitch in...

...Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself here. After all, we've only just started, but it's worth a thought, don't you think? =)
T2 Hodgie
T2 Hodgie
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Expanding the site? Empty Re: Expanding the site?

Post by D_C Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 23:48

Yeah I'm up for writing some 360 short reviews.. Maybe VP2 and whatever i get tomorrow at Morrisons.
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by CYBERFROST Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 23:50

You know, this was just meant to be an extention to the 360 and PS3 threads...
CYBERFROST
CYBERFROST
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 23:51

CYBERFROST wrote:You know, this was just meant to be an extention to the 360 and PS3 threads...

But its much better than that xD
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by T2 Hodgie Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 0:33

D_C wrote:
CYBERFROST wrote:You know, this was just meant to be an extention to the 360 and PS3 threads...

Haha, I agree. ;P ...We could actually make it quite successful I think - A little like LLC did when Rex and chums got fed-up with ONM and set up their own site.
T2 Hodgie
T2 Hodgie
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by King Slazo Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 0:43

T2 Hodgie wrote:
D_C wrote:

Haha, I agree. ;P ...We could actually make it quite successful I think - A little like LLC did when Rex and chums got fed-up with ONM and set up their own site.

LLC is something completely different. Its run parallel, whereas this is more an extension to the ONM Community.

The forum is still finding its feet and all that, how about we walk before we run. Wink

King Slazo
Pistol Whipper

Back to top Go down

Post by T2 Hodgie Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 0:52

Doesn't mean we can't do a similar thing though, does it? =D ...Like you said, we still need to sort everything out first before taking things further. (y)
T2 Hodgie
T2 Hodgie
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Youth On Paper Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 1:07

Lets be honest. This place is better than ONM.
Youth On Paper
Youth On Paper
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 1:42

Youth On Paper wrote:Lets be honest. This place is better than ONM.

I SECOND THAT MOTION SIRE!
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by Roosetifer Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 2:34

Roosetifer
Roosetifer
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaun2k5 Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 9:27

T2 Hodgie wrote:I don't know how many people will be interested, but hows about we have a reviews/previews section... If successful we could potentially get publishers interested/involved and build the community further.
I remember there being a way through forumotion to pay for a URL - i.e. we could be www.prisionrules.com instead of.forumotion.net/ ...We'd have to pay a little but if we all pitch in...

...Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself here. After all, we've only just started, but it's worth a thought, don't you think? =)

Your not only ahead of yourself - you got disqualified for ending up infront of your F1 rival :wink:

A reviews section could be a possibility yes but everything after that had me quite bemused reading it. You see we could build a community. We could get publishers involved. We could get a proper server. We could get a proper domain. Heck - we could do anything we wanted to and become huge but none of that comes under the point of the forum. As CyberFrost correctly stated - this is an extension of the two threads. Looking at this as some sort of breakaway defeats the object of the forum and also makes me unwilling to actually do any of the above I mentioned.

King Slazo wrote:LLC is something completely different. Its run parallel, whereas this is more an extension to the ONM Community.

The forum is still finding its feet and all that, how about we walk before we run. :wink:

Slazo has a very good point and one which I hope isn't lost on you. Some of you are looking at this forum with the expectation that it will be competing against ONM or LLC. We've been going for 5 days. We have 80 members. Just over 2000 posts yet some of you are pushing huge ideas round that forums with 1000 members couldn't achieve properly (Developers). The post rate has been steadily falling from 600 a day to 350 a day while some features of the forum (Chatbox) don't get used anyway.

I'm sorry to burst bubbles but we have to get the basics right before we look anywhere near those heights. This forum is still in a test phase and as I said - would be closed down and replaced with a permanent replacement on a dedicated server when the basics were sorted. Until this happens more advanced requests (Developers) won't be considered plausable.

Some members have decided to leave ONM or state on MSN with me present that they've decided to not actively use the forum anymore - instead use this as a replacement. This is/was not the intention. As I said way back when suggesting this, these forums are under a test period and a test period they shall remain under for the forseeable future. This period allows me and several others to monitor not only the effect on the forum here but also on the thread on ONM. If the threads there begin to suffer then the point of this forum has been defeated. This is here to aide those - not to become some rival to LoL/LLC which inevitably fails because we fell traps as these two forums. If you really want a rival to these then I've been left out of the loop here. To clarify, the future of this forum is tied very much to the health of those threads unless I feel there's a strong pull to something other than this.

But if you posted like you do here on ONM then it would be just as good there. You forget most of the people in charge here (Admin/mods) are the same people who look after things on ONM so there's no real difference (Apart from LAAAAAAAAAAAAG). Most of the members are on ONM so thats not different.

If a breakaway forum is wanted then I think we need to discuss the matter more. Hence me leaving this open. I'm interested to hear what people say on the issue.

Shaun2k5
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tails Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 11:23

D_C wrote:

I SECOND THAT MOTION SIRE!
Yeah since the forum went up. Ive been spending more time here than onm even though its (kinda?) the same people Razz.
Tails
Tails
Uchiha Ninja

http://www.djbruce92.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 13:09

I think its the lack of spammers/immature people/fanboys that make this such a good community already.

To be completely honest, I think the drop in post rate is more to do with many going back to school/college than anything else.
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by Tails Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 16:27

D_C wrote:I think its the lack of spammers/immature people/fanboys that make this such a good community already.

To be completely honest, I think the drop in post rate is more to do with many going back to school/college than anything else.
I'm at college lol! same as Squadala.
Tails
Tails
Uchiha Ninja

http://www.djbruce92.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Kitsune Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 18:14

King Slazo wrote:The forum is still finding its feet and all that, how about we walk before we run. Wink

I like a challenge, even if i do fall on my face and look like a spazz.
Purple Kitsune
Purple Kitsune
COG Recruit

http://www.purple-kitsune.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Youth On Paper Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 22:04

Shaun2k5 wrote:

But if you posted like you do here on ONM then it would be just as good there. You forget most of the people in charge here (Admin/mods) are the same people who look after things on ONM so there's no real difference (Apart from LAAAAAAAAAAAAG). Most of the members are on ONM so thats not different.

If a breakaway forum is wanted then I think we need to discuss the matter more. Hence me leaving this open. I'm interested to hear what people say on the issue.

Fair point, fair point. However the reason I prefer this place though....

D_C wrote:I think its the lack of spammers/immature people/fanboys that make this such a good community already.

As far as the people running this place, true that most are from ONM, however we have the (in my eyes) 'good' mods here, the ones that aren't jacked up Nintendo fans.

I reckon it would be a good move to see how things are in a month or two.
Youth On Paper
Youth On Paper
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roosetifer Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 22:07

Youth On Paper wrote:
Shaun2k5 wrote:

Fair point, fair point. However the reason I prefer this place though....

As far as the people running this place, true that most are from ONM, however we have the (in my eyes) 'good' mods here, the ones that aren't jacked up Nintendo fans.

I reckon it would be a good move to see how things are in a month or two.

Yeah i think its the better mods, and better members no annoying idiots just good discussion and guys you can joke with.
Roosetifer
Roosetifer
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken_Pixel Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 22:34

This Place > ONM. I'm spending more time here than I am at ONM. And a reviews section would be great. I write reviews as I wanna be a gaming journalist.
Broken_Pixel
Broken_Pixel
Freemans Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaun2k5 Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 23:06

I've added the reviews section and will take points made in this thread seriously as it looks like alot of you want this to be much bigger.

Ideas on how to do this would be appriciated.

Shaun2k5
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 23:27

I think that not associating it fully with ONM would be an idea worth considering. In other words, inviting people who aren't on ONM, but are interested in gaming (specifically 360 & PS3), and would contribute to the community, to the forum. You could still have the link to ONM (the ban thing and whatnot).

I'm happy how it is really, anything more is a bonus. If its successful then it should grow on its own without much persuasion. After all, its the members that make the forum.
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaun2k5 Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 23:36

D_C wrote:I think that not associating it fully with ONM would be an idea worth considering. In other words, inviting people who aren't on ONM, but are interested in gaming (specifically 360 & PS3), and would contribute to the community, to the forum. You could still have the link to ONM (the ban thing and whatnot).

I'm happy how it is really, anything more is a bonus. If its successful then it should grow on its own without much persuasion. After all, its the members that make the forum.

People not on ONM can come if they want - no one said that can't happen Smile

We need a logo. Anyone feeling up to the task <_<

Shaun2k5
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 23:38

Yeah, I'll have a crack at one tomorrow. If more people want to, we can put it to a poll Very Happy
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by CYBERFROST Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 23:39

Shaun2k5 wrote:
D_C wrote:I think that not associating it fully with ONM would be an idea worth considering. In other words, inviting people who aren't on ONM, but are interested in gaming (specifically 360 & PS3), and would contribute to the community, to the forum. You could still have the link to ONM (the ban thing and whatnot).

People not on ONM can come if they want - no one said that can't happen Smile

And a slogan! Prison Rules - Dropping the soap on purpose
You know its good.
CYBERFROST
CYBERFROST
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexCous Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 23:55

Shaun2k5 wrote:

Size and any themes in particular? Or just any old crap?

AlexCous
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Wed 10 Sep 2008 - 0:17

I've done a mockup of what the logo I'll work on tomorrow will be like, just with more effort put in.

Expanding the site? Prisonrulesmockde6

I thought it should have the 360 and PS3 logos somewhere, as that's what this forum is all about.
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next