PrisonRules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of duty 4: XP/Playlist update on the 13th?

+9
Roosetifer
Senor Lizardo
HuntingJake
Exodist
Tails
D_C
Firryn
Purple Kitsune
AlexCous
13 posters

Go down

Call of duty 4: XP/Playlist update on the 13th? Empty Call of duty 4: XP/Playlist update on the 13th?

Post by AlexCous Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 19:02

Infinity Ward has been hard at work on a playlist update for its hugely-popular first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4, and we could be seeing the results next weekend.

According to Robert Bowling, Infinity Ward's director of communications, the team has an Xbox Live and PlayStation Network promotion in the pipeline for the weekend of September 13th. Exact details of the promotion haven't yet been revealed, but Bowling stated that double-experience points will be on offer for those itching to raise their in-game rank quickly.

More interesting, however, is the fact that Infinity Ward's developers are pushing hard to complete their new playlist updates in time for the promotion - making it all one-big promotion, says Bowling.

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=15338

Still only a possibility at this stage... But you never know.

AlexCous
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Call of duty 4: XP/Playlist update on the 13th? Empty Re: Call of duty 4: XP/Playlist update on the 13th?

Post by Purple Kitsune Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 19:16

Dammit... I have a girl round next week for some loving...

I hope she doesn't mind me shouting down the mic to douches in America.
Purple Kitsune
Purple Kitsune
COG Recruit

http://www.purple-kitsune.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Call of duty 4: XP/Playlist update on the 13th? Empty Re: Call of duty 4: XP/Playlist update on the 13th?

Post by Firryn Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 19:26

If you can't be arsed to click the link, here're the rumoured game modes:

Hardcore Headquarters
Testing is completed for Hardcore HQ. This playlist has standard HQ rules w/ Hardcore Settings. Limited HUD, Increased Bullet Damage, and Friendly Fire Enabled.

Hardcore Ricochet Playlist
This is the No Teamkilling playlist. Any damage a teamkiller attempts to do to their team mates is reflected onto themselves only. Therefore, if they attempt to shoot an RPG into the ground at the beginning of the match; the only person who will die, is the Teamkiller. This eliminates the fear of being shot in the back by some asshole, but still encourages players to play tactically and not throw random nades, because if you accidentally hit a teammate, you’re only going to end up killing yourself and they’ll go unharmed. No Teamkilling, No Random Nades. This playlist will include the variant for Hardcore Teamdeathmatch, Hardcore Search and Destroy, and Hardcore HQ.

Sudden Death Sabotage
Sabotage with no respawns. Fast-paced and intense Sabotage. No more hiding with the bomb until time runs out for sudden death. Increased XP per kills to encourage Team Deathmatch mentality. Defend your objective, while attempting to secure the bomb and plant on theirs. Once you’re dead, you’re dead. No second chances.

Second Chance Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy with 1 respawn each. This completely revamps your Search and Destroy tactics. No longer will lucky frag or well-placed claymore end your chance of victory. Each player has 1 respawn, creating longer more thought-out attack / defend strategies. Eliminate enemy players, and cut off their reinforcements while you defuse.

Bare-Bones Team Deathmatch
Team Deathmatch with no perks and no air support.

Hardcore Free for All
Free For All with Hardcore Settings.

Team Elimination (Last Man Standing)
3 round Team Deathmatch w/ no respawns. Switch sides each round.

Multi-Bomb Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy but all attackers spawn with a bomb.
Firryn
Firryn
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Kitsune Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 20:03

I'd most likely be playing Bare Bones Team Deathmatch if it turns out to be true.
Purple Kitsune
Purple Kitsune
COG Recruit

http://www.purple-kitsune.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by D_C Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 20:34

We'll need to set up some epic Sabotage/SaD matches..
D_C
D_C

Back to top Go down

Post by Tails Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 20:41

I'd like to play this more. I have the maps but no one invites me Sad .
Tails
Tails
Uchiha Ninja

http://www.djbruce92.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodist Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 20:55

Ah yes, I remember hearing about this a while back. I haven't played in ages, but this may get me started again. I love Search and Destroy, and the new multi-bomb version sounds great. Many a time I've had the perfect opportunity to plant the bomb, but don't have it. ¬_¬
Exodist
Exodist
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by HuntingJake Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 23:41

And I just traded it in.
Meh i got £30 for it
only Paid £25

HuntingJake
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Lizardo Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 3:31

It'd be my reason to get back into it.

Sudden Death Sabotage and Hardcore Headquarters sounds win. :3
Senor Lizardo
Senor Lizardo

Location : Montgomery. Apparently there's some sort of mini-mall here...

Back to top Go down

Post by Roosetifer Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 11:55

Im liking the sound of Hardcore ricocet and Second chance search and destroy.
Roosetifer
Roosetifer
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Lou Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 12:57

Harcore Ricochet is quite appealing.
Hope these are true, I need something to reignite my love in this game.
Happy Lou
Happy Lou
COG Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Wine And Roses Sat 13 Sep 2008 - 10:42

Hardcore Free For All sounds good to me!

Is all this still happening? This weekend?
Wine And Roses
Wine And Roses
Uchiha Ninja

http://www.myspace.com/stephfromnorthdevon

Back to top Go down

Post by Will n that Sat 13 Sep 2008 - 12:19

13th today. I'm well up for some CoD4 later if the update happens.
Will n that
Will n that

Back to top Go down

Post by Adamzzz Sat 13 Sep 2008 - 13:42

Will n that wrote:13th today. I'm well up for some CoD4 later if the update happens.

Same. I can play another game other than Gears and GTA. Razz

Adamzzz
ChatBox Moderator
ChatBox Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Will n that Sat 13 Sep 2008 - 20:14

I was on a couple of hours ago and no update. Maybe that'll change later.
Will n that
Will n that

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodist Sat 13 Sep 2008 - 22:14

Will n that wrote:I was on a couple of hours ago and no update. Maybe that'll change later.

I was quite annoyed. There is double EXP, but I was looking forward to the new Search and Destroy. Crying or Very sad
Exodist
Exodist
Uchiha Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down